Monday, January 2, 2023

Dick Nielsen's Dotted R

There has been quite a bit of negative chatter on the Internet lately about the Kensington Rune Stone that frankly, is not worth commenting on.  Most of the attacks are aimed at the honesty and integrity on the discoverer of the artifact, Olof Ohman.  It's disgusting really, but these people are singularly focused on their "beliefs" and rabid efforts to confirm that faith rather than relying on facts or scientific evidence.  It's personally difficult to relive the tough times that ultimately led to this post.  However, sharing difficult personal experiences is superseded by the need for transparency in the quest for truth.

In late 2005, Dick Nielsen and I published our collective 574-page book, The Kensington Rune Stone: Compelling New Evidence.  It really is an exhaustive work that covers every aspect of the history and controversy of the artifact and the ultimate conclusion the facts overwhelmingly supported was without any doubt, it is authentic.  The book was published in December of 2005 and we began selling copies at speaking events.  The first event was, appropriately, in Kensington, Minnesota.  We sold many copies and happily while signing books, Dick took it upon himself to add a dot in the upper loop of the "R" in his first name.  He did this to acknowledge our joint discovery of the all important Dotted R that occurs three times in the inscription.  Dick was exceptionally proud of this discovery as in his mind at the time, it proved the medieval origin of the inscription all by itself.  Let's go back and give a review:


My co-author Richard Nielsen proudly signed our book for Eleanor Gunderson in December of 2005 with an emphatic dot in the upper loop of the "R" in his first name.  He did this because he was immensely proud of our joint discovery of the Dotted R on the Kensington Rune Stone which all by itself proved the inscription was medieval.  

In 2002, after completing my geological work on the artifact and concluding the weathering was consistent with multiple centuries and therefore proved authenticity, I decide to generate a photo-library of each and every rune, letter, word separator, and number within the inscription under the microscope.  I took over 650 photos using low angle and high angle reflected light to bring out the three-dimensionality of every carved character.  During this process I noticed numerous strange punch marks and short lines added to some of the characters which I put in a separate folder.  Later, Dick went through the folder and noticed shallow punch marks in three of the "R" runes and got very excited.  He asked me, "Are you sure those dots are there and man made?"  I looked at him and replied, "Absolutely.  Why do you ask?"   Dick went on to explain how the language was coalescing in the 14th Century and modifications such as punch marks and short lines were added to indicate a change in the way the letter was pronounced.  In this case, the dot in the R's indicated something called a palatal R, a different way of saying the R sound.

He then explained this was a recently understood medieval runic feature that was first discovered in 1935 and published in 1938.  Dick, then smirked and said, "If the Dotted R was unknown to modern scholars until 1935, how did it get on the Kensington Rune Stone in 1898?"  I was confused at first, and then it dawned on me how important these few dots were.  These dots were intentionally made by the carver to acknowledge the runic convention of the time.  In 1362, not in the late 19th Century as so many skeptics have claimed because it was unknown by anyone at the time.  It then occurred to me these tiny dots that, to the best of my knowledge, I was the first ever to document since its discovery in 1898, proved the Kensington inscription was medieval all by itself!  

One of the things I am most proud of when it comes to my work on the artifact is the amazing discoveries Dick Nielsen and I made together.  It was the close collaboration between us, a geologist and an a runic scholar who was also an engineer, that produced those discoveries.

Unfortunately, something happened to Dick over the course of the next two years.  Dick became angry and bitter at the lack of attention he received over his work on the Stone that was encouraged by outside influences.  This led to a rift between us and his eventually his going his own way.  In 2008, he convinced the Runestone Museum to allow him to perform a low resolution 3D imaging scan of the artifact he then used to write papers attempting to undermine the discoveries we had made and published in our 2005 book.  Upon reading his "paper" that tried to wipe away the Dotted R as a "dropped chisel" by the careless carver, I was angry at his betrayal of our work together, to the stone, and to Olof Ohman and his family.  But I was also very sad to see Dick try to destroy the good work we had done together in an attempt to resurrect the inscription in his and Henrik Williams' vision.  That effort failed of course, and in 2016 Dick passed away a conflicted man.

What is important here is not what happened with Dick after 2007, but to remember the amazing work he did prior to ever meeting me and for the incredible work we did together that is published in our book.  I think anyone reading this blog knows that small dot in the R of Dick's first name says everything that he knew in his heart what the truth was.  It is that work that Dick should be remembered for  and his role as one of the key individuals responsible for getting to the truth about this amazing and vitally important historical artifact. 

33 comments:

  1. Is the Rune Blog dead? Dr. Williams hasn't posted anything since April of 2021. Trying to research Dr. Nielsen and keep coming up with a woman named Jensen. Seemed to recall some sort of drama. Is this the same Jensen? I don't need the details as it's none of my business. I just want to know if this is the same person.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might as well be dead. That blog lost all relevance after Nielsen decided to make it a conduit to release his disinformation campaign based on his phony low-resolution scan of the KRS in 2008. His attempt to resurrect the inscription in his image, along with Henrik Williams, was as fraudulent and self-serving as it gets. Maybe Williams' has figured out what a waste of time, and his credibility that exercise was.

      I introduced Jensen to Nielsen in early 2006 at a book signing event in Kensington, Minnesota. They developed a relationship and she managed him from that point on, presumably until he died in 2016. I suspect she has moved on and where she is now I have no idea.

      Delete
    2. The runes in this word are "SKLAR" which is also one of the old spellings of "Sinclair", yes that Sinclair. Just saying...

      Keep in mind much of the inscription is allegorical. I would refer you to my blog post on July 2, 2016: https://scottwolteranswers.blogspot.com/2016/07/kensington-rune-stone-inscription.html

      Delete
    3. I watch the show about two brothers that are looking on Oak Island and have found so many artifacts showing the template were there. Why is it so hard to believe they came on into the United States

      Delete
    4. The reason it is so hard for academics to believe, or accept the truth, is because it doesn't fit the paradigm, or accepted history, they were taught. They don't have the intelligence (I suspect) or the ability to step outside the box to consider the voluminous evidence that continues to come forward that shatters the narrative they are programmed to protect. They simply aren't capable of considering new evidence and the truth it tells about our history.

      They are too afraid, and apparently, too stupid to realize what is punching them in the face.

      Delete
  2. Scott, have you heard about the statue of archangel Gabriel found in Serbia the other day. I would love to hear your thoughts.
    It looks lagit. The video may be telling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not finding anything about that; can you send me a link?

      Delete
  3. Hi, I wonder if you have spoken to the lagina brothers on oak island? Seems there may be an interesting connection to Templars and the artifacts that have been unearthed there, and your very interesting endeavors to unearth the truth! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been approached to appear on the show four separate times but respectfully declined. The show has become a joke in my opinion. Do you still hear them talk about the "7 must die" curse? Dan Blankenship died 4 years ago and still no treasure found. The truth is we have documentation that a treasure was placed on what is now called Oak Island in the 14th Century, but it was recovered over two centuries ago. I'd be happy to work with them if was a more serious and legitimate endeavor.

      Delete
    2. If some...or all...of the Oak Island treasure was recovered 2 centuries ago...who recovered it and what was their name? Could it have been the black cabbage farmer who suddenly became wealthy?

      Delete
    3. Brother Anonymous,

      Read my new book and it'll answer all your questions. You can get a signed copy on my new website: scottfwolter.com

      Delete
    4. Scott, I ordered your Oak Island book. Great title!

      Delete
    5. GeorgeOfTampa,

      Did you receive the book yet?

      Delete
  4. Scott any upcoming shows you will be on, or can we expect another season of America Unearthed? Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, once things are finalized I will have an announcement. It will not be another season of AMUN however.

      Delete
  5. Hi Scott I just added another note for you and your wife on my Blog, because it again is to long to post here as a comment. I really do believe the information I'm sharing with you will be of benefit to your research. Gods Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noticed your former employee told you to "sue him" on a KRS Facebook page. Not sure why anyone would want to do that. All they would get in return is belly button lent, pocket lent and toe jam. Maybe the moldy contents of his refrigerator. Please don't waste your time and money on that fool. As a casual reader, I wish the administrator of that site would show some intestinal fortitude. Accusing deceased people of crimes is just too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never threatened to sue anybody, I just told Edwards and Robin Mueller to stop spreading the lie Nielsen apparently said to them which is simply never happened.

      I also pointed out that Edwards is using photographs he took of the Kensington Rune Stone while employed at APS without permission and is now using those photos to further his bullshit arguments. I realize he has nothing and suing him would be fruitless but pointing out his unethical behavior and misuse of photographs that do not belong to him is relevant.

      Delete
  7. Hey Scott, hope you're doing well. I have a youtube video I'd like you to take a look at from Carl the Crusher's page. He's in Utah and documents a significant amount of the Native American petroglyphs in the area he lives in. This video in particular has what appears to be a possible hooked X inscribed on the rock. I'm curious as to your thoughts on it and if it may be indicative of Coronado's expedition into the Uintah Range in the 1540's --> https://youtu.be/ZmgHraV3I5U?t=552

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert,

      I watched the video and the carving is definitely an "X", but not a Hooked X. It also doesn't look ancient but there's no telling how old it is. Very beautiful and likely a sacred place. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  8. I just saw ur latest lecture. I do research into ancient history. I would like to help u with ur ciphers. I'm sure u kniw lots of people. Yet I offer anyway. U can reach me on Facebook or dragonelle2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,

      It sounds like you enjoyed the presentation; happy to hear that. Fortunately, we have knowledgeable people assisting us. So far, we have successfully decoded 16 messages. Not sure we'll be getting anymore, but if we do and cannot decode them we will reach out. We're batting 1000 so far; we'll see how things go!

      Delete
    2. We have, in fact, decoded all the messages we have received so far. That my friend, is batting 1000 in case you didn't know.

      Why do you have to be so negative bro?

      Delete
  9. I have a new find in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Scott. The Hebrew Israelites teach a lot about “ufo” chariots coming back to deliver them from America. The “Black” Hebrew Israelites also teach that the Edomites are the biblical nationality for the European tribes/countries of today. In the fragment from the wars of the lord we also see this mention of a “ufo” descending from the sky to defend a tribe of Israel from the Edomites. Please could you be honest and answer if the true Israelites of the Bible are the indigenous peoples of the Americas along with the descendants of the transatlantic slave trade. The some documents I see mentioned that the indigenous people spoke Ivri (Hebrew). I know what the Templars found in Jerusalem is big because it has allowed them to become the world power on the earth. Have the Templars taken the Israelites into captivity again as the Egyptians did in the past. Also are the bones of Jesus in America now. I would believe they are because it would be very symbolic to have them in America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, First, I have no idea if the "true" Israelites are the indigenous people of North America, but I highly doubt it. Some may have traveled west and stayed, likely teaching Ivri (Hebrew) the people of the Temple of the Goddess on Hunter Mountain.

      As far as the Templars taking the Israelites into captivity. This I highly doubt unless there were skirmishes in battle in the Holy Land during the Crusades.

      Finally, are the bones of Jesus in America now? Yes, as well as the bones of others whose names you'd probably recognize.

      Delete
  11. Hi, Scott. I am absolutely fascinated by your work. I'm looking forward to your new book. I'm wondering what you know about The Michigan Relics and The Decalogue Stone of New Mexico. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tru Leigh,

      Glad you’re enjoying our work. Yes, I am very familiar with both the Michigan Tablets and the Decalogue Stone. I have not been able to get access to the Michigan tablets as the academic's fear I might find them old.

      The Decalogue Stone has been cleaned and scratched out so it's impossible to draw any definitive conclusions. Very frustrating to say the least!

      Delete
  12. Good Afternoon, I started watching your shows from the History channel. In my opinion you are on point with a lot of things and I think when we expose ourselves publicly and have other rational explanations that may contradict some one’s theory or calling out someone’s lack of evidence the automatically try to discredit you. In my opinion, I feel like you are a victim of that where people hide behind electronics rather then having a conversation and reviewing your research that did not come out of thin air. A little story, my boyfriend said long ago he was sending you pictures to identify some agates and I remember him saying that you took the time to identify, explain it and ask all their questions and continued questions so they could understand what they were looking for. Let them say rude comments about you, as long as you stick with the truth it doesn’t matter.
    Sincerely,
    Hayley
    MN resident

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hayley,

      Thanks for the kind words and you can be sure I will always stick the evidence, facts and the truth. The more people attack me, the more I know I'm on the right track; it's all good.

      Delete
  13. The Rune stone tells the story of the hardship some families had to endure, looking for a new beginning. The reason for leaving Scandinavia is unknown? At the time I imagine that some one left behind and knew or had some kind of idea where they were going. Things don’t always work out. They were forced to move inland. A long the way had to bury their friends or families. This is a cipher stone left behind for someone that they knew would look and find the spot where the first bodies were buried insinuating that they buried special items important to them. Important to other family members that would come looking for them. it’s just like finding closure when someone dies. But, the information had to be hidden in a cipher to protect their sacred ground or treasure from others to secure the whole plan they left behind for their family members or friends. Don’t try to figure out the stone, cause it won’t be easy and you have to prove it. you would have to decipher it to find the place. This will take decipher knowledge, time, knowledge and money. But, the story being told is not for you anyways. So, it doesn’t matter what people say at this stage of the ball game. Cause it’s really not over for now! Deciphering is what I do, I should know this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever this is needs to do more research. You can start with my first book written with Richard Nielsen, "The Kensington Rune Stone: Compelling New Evidence." Then read "Cryptic Code of the Templars in America." That will tell you the entire story of the artifact. Enjoy.

      Delete